CERT Tools for Leadership Success
Review CERT Basic Training concepts that apply to leadership. How the incident command system (ICS), size up, and disaster psychology apply to cert leadership.
a) Learn the roles of leaders and team members. The relationship between leaders and team members; the characteristics, skills, and responsibilities of team leaders; leadership vs. management; the Leadership Competence Model; characteristics and responsibilities of team members; and team interactions.
b) Learn about leadership styles. Situations that require leadership, how to apply leadership styles to different CERT situations, and determining a personal leadership style.
c) Learn about leaders in action. How CERT leaders run successful team operations, steps for leading team operations, leading in stressful conditions, participant concerns about leading CERT operations, and roleplay of team dynamics.
Target Audience: CERT Program Managers and team members
Seats Remaining: 91
Begin Date: 9/22/2022
End Date: 9/29/2022
Time: 1:30 PM--3:30 PM
On-Line via Zoom
Login Information will be sent with registration confirmation email
1) The training will be provided in two (2) sessions over two (2) hours on ZOOM
2) September 22 from 1:30p - 3:30p then again on September 29 from 1:30p - 3:30p
3) ZOOM log in details will be sent to you via email
4) Registration closes on September 14
5) Certificates will be issued ONLY to those who pre-register and attend BOTH sessions
Instructors: Kip Ladage, Fred Waldstein, Rick Wulfekuhle