PIO Media Awareness Training
This three-hour session topics include the media and social media landscape in 2020, message development, sharing information (including safety information) in a succinct and timely manner, building rapport with reports and the importance of cultivating trust in the media. It will also provide awareness sessions utilize lecture, exercises and implementation of best practices to enhance the skills and confidence of each participant to become more prepared to function as a public information staff for their jurisdiction or agency.
Prerequisites: Recommend taking IS 29 Public Information Officer Awareness
Target Audience: Participants that serve as the public spokesperson and interact with the media during an disaster or staff who will function as a public information officer.
Seats Remaining: 3
Begin Date: 9/28/2021
End Date: 9/28/2021
Time: 8:00 AM--12:00 PM
This will be a virtual course offering.
Iowa - 50131
1) This VIRTUAL training is being conducted by Wixted training group.
2) Zoom will be used to provide the training--check with your IT staff to assure you have access. (see attached Zoom invite document)
**All technical questions/concerns please contact Wixted directly-email above.
3) There is NO student material, training will be provided via powerpoint with videos.
4) Continue to monitor your emails that come from this office for updates.
5) Look for a meeting maker for the training from HSEMD training staff.